Damage to Countries - Others
- In Bangladesh, 2 children killed after a tourist boat capsized in surging waves.
- In Yemen, 1 child was killed and 40 fishing boats wrecked on Socotra Island.
- 10 were killed in Tanzania, with an unknown number of people missing.
- Waves struck Kenya causing some minor damage. One person reported drowned at Watamu, near Mombasa.
- 3 were killed in Seychelles, seven people missing. A major bridge in Port Victoria also destroyed.
- 2 deaths have been reported in South Africa, with some significant damage to structures inland.
- 176 people were reported dead in Somalia with 50,000 people displaced from their homes.
- A further 82 people dead and 26 missing, presumed dead were reported in the Maldives.
- 2004 Indian Ocean Earthquake. Wilkipedia, the free encyclopedia. Retrieved February 10, 2005, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake
- Asia's Deadly Waves. The New York Times.Retrieved February 24, 2005, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake
- Tide of Grief. Newsweek. Retrieved February 24, 2005, from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake